Besides being a free venue for marketing, social media allows you to connect directly and personally to potential clients and business partners all over the world with just a few clicks and keystrokes. The number of social media networks can be overwhelming. This overview should help you determine which are right for your firm.
Use Facebook to . . .
- Connect with over 1 billion members and 665 million active daily users
- Post informational and promotional content
- Market your firm through business to business relationship building
- Appeal to those who like visual communication and story telling
Use Twitter to . . .
- Connect with the movers and shakers on the fastest growing social network, used monthly by 21% of the world’s population
- Express your firm’s personality through posts
- Engage directly with mass audiences
- Build relationships with individual members of your audience
- Communicate in real-time
Use Foursquare to . . .
- Easily engage with mobile users
- Guide users with tips and recommendations
- Strengthen brand loyalty and awareness
Use LinkedIn to . . .
- Join the 2.6 million companies who have pages on the world’s largest professional network
- Network within your specific niche market
- Share your expertise and gain knowledge
- Increase visibility and awareness of your firm because your audience exists on the network and communicates within groups
- Leverage individual employee knowledge by answering questions and further expressing firm expertise
Use Pinterest to . . .
- Market your firm to over 70 million users on the social network that leads in ecommerce
- Share products or highlight services
- Maximize search engine optimization efforts
- Express unique firm personality
- Build a sense of community with your audience
- Become the go-to source of information in your area of expertise
Use Instragram to . . .
- Count your firm among the 45 million photos uploaded every day
- Tap into client creativity
- Express firm character through images
- Host photo-based campaigns and contests
Use YouTube to . . .
- Reach more adults ages 18 to 34 than any cable TV network
- Put a personable face on your firm
- Extend brand messaging with video content
- Increase search engine optimization efforts
- Express your firm’s creativity
- Engage with your audience through contests and/or user-generated content
Use Google + to . . .
- Join the second largest social network in the world with a 35% growth rate
- Increase search engine optimization organically
- Engage directly with potential clients and business partners through publically broadcasted Hangouts
As of early 2013, 93% of organizations were using some form of social media marketing. Your competitors are doing it, and you should be too.
Check back for articles that explores each social media channel in more depth.
[Photo courtesy KROMKRATHOG/freedigitalphotos.net]